INVITATION FOR THE 29. IMC 2019 VETERANS WC SKI JUMPING & NORDIC COMBINED
January 24 th – January 27th 2019 In Vikersund Ski Jumping Center
Welcome to Vikersund
Vikersund is located 90 kilometers from Oslo in the Modum municipality. The municipality has many cultural and sports facilities.
Vikersund Jumping center consist of 7 hills: K-10, K-15, K-25, K-45, K-65, K-105 and K-200.
There are activities in the hills both summer and winter. And every year Vikersund is a part of Raw Air.
IMC 2019 competition guide lines
The International Masters Championships 2019 in Vikersund for ski jumping and Nordic Combined will follow the official IMC rules and the following competition guidelines confirmed by the IMC, each competitor is required to have a license from home country.
Official organizer of this event is the
Organizing committee – International Masters Competition 2019
Flying Team Vikersund AS – [email protected]
Please be aware, that any content might be subject to change through the organizer, the IMC officials or through arrangements in the team captains meeting.
- Every competitor (male, female) can participate two (2) personal competitions organized in two different size hills.
- Following hills are available in the Vikersund Jumping Center: HS 45, HS 65, HS 105, from these you can choose 1-2 hills with a K-point next to each other
- Participants compete in five year groups starting at 30-34
- Age prior to 1.1.2019 determinates the age group.
- If a group has less than three (3) competitors, they will compete in next younger age class. This applies to all groups.
- This year we will also have a junior veteran (rookie competition) for age 20-29. For men on K65 and K105, for women on any hill.
- The host has the right to limit the size of the rookie group.
- The event will start in the following order, oldest to youngest classes.
- Rules for the distribution of Points: three (3) judges with style points. National teams can also register their own judges. A license issued in their own country is required for the participation. Registered judges will be drawn for each competition. If there are no judges registered until 1th of December, they will be provided by the organizer.
- Nordic combined will be organized following the Gundersen method and free style.
- For Nordic combined, only one (1), the first jump from ski jumping competition is counted.
- K 65 for classes below 60, K 45 for classes over 60.
- Points are collected and converted to time difference for cross country skiing.
- Tracks are of medium difficulty. Skiing distances are:
Age Group as of 1.Jan. 2019 Hill Distance Points/Minute
30-49 HS65 8 km 15
50-59 HS65 6 km 20
60-69 HS45 4 km 25
70- HS45 2 km 40
Competition starts from oldest age groups. 2 km, 4 km, 6km and will finish by 8 km races.
Team event, ski jumping HS65
- National teams are composed of four (4) competitors, only 2 teams per nation.
- Mixed teams can also participate, but those will compete outside of official competition.
- Team should have one (1) jumper from each following age groups: 30-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-59 years and over 60 years. Athlete can also represent his team in age group younger than athlete’s own age.
No team event for Nordic combined. Due to the compressed schedule for the whole event.
Accommodation & transport
For assistance on accommodation, transport and for further information on touristic infrastructure/events please contact: [email protected]
Kongsfoss Pensjonat is about 15 minutes from the Vikersund Jumping Center, please contact on e-mail for reservation: [email protected]
Judge tower K 45: Camping standard, bring your own sleeping bag. First come first serve.
E-mail: [email protected]
Hovland Gård: We are a family who offer accomodation in traditional buildings on our farm, near the worlds biggest skijump. There are several options, all differently priced; Drengstua, Stabburet and Lavu/Camping.
Please visit www.hovlandgaard.no for pictures.
Contactinfo: [email protected]
Drolsum Gård: Welcome to Drolsum Gård.
Try a unique experience and stay in the barn, located in idyllic and rural surroundings at Drolsum – about 10 minutes with car from the hill
OSL Gardermoen Airport: https://avinor.no/en/airport/oslo-airport/
1.First, please register the national team and only the number of competitors latest by the Dec. 15th 2018 to our email: [email protected]
2. Each competitor needs to register latest by the Jan. 18th 2019 deadline: https://vikersund.no/registration-imc-2019/
Attention: Please be aware that there will be no refund of entry fees, travel, accommodation, etc. cost in case the event cannot take place by bad weather conditions.
Individual ski jumping and Nordic Combined 50 EUR per person/per competition (including training) Fee payable upon arrival to the hill at the race office by credit card.
Training – see the program – Weather permitting.